Knowledge is of two kinds.
We know a subject ourselves,
or we know where we can find information upon it.
(Samuel Johnson, 1709-1784)
Login to SEARCH Follett
Destiny at GoFollett.com
Use your lausd.net username and password--questions? See the librarian for help.
See instructions "Using the Library Widget":
Use Open eBooks to access great Young Adult books.
- See librarian for an access code and PIN for Open eBooks. You need the code and PIN for the phone app and to access either the All-Ages Collection or the High School collection online.
The Instant Classics library features eBooks open to all readers without a login. The collection is divided into two age ranges: Under 13 and 13 & Up. While some of these eBooks are available in Open eBooks, eBooks from this collection are read outside the Open eBooks app. Readers will download the file, then open on a desktop, tablet or phone's built-in e-reading app, such as iBooks.
: Users can view the Open eBooks library from a desktop without having to first login. Adults who are thinking about getting started with Open eBooks can preview the available titles. Readers who are logged in can find a title and send it to their device, where they can find it under My Books and download when connected to Wi-Fi. (From the Open eBooks website.)
Teachers, these are some of the things your classes could learn in the library. Come on in!
Sign up in the library!
- Distinguish fake news from real news
- Organize research from beginning to end
- Learn to research using databases from our own Digital Library
- Become a super savvy searcher by using the library catalog to find vetted websites
- Become cyber-safe
- Learn the advantages of using online source citation generators
- Evaluate websites
- Use high-level Google search strategies to enhance research
Need help with your laptop?
For more information about library activities and programs, see the About the Library page.